FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 2, 2013
AEMC® Introduces the NEW 200 Amp
Micro-Ohmmeter Model 6292
The AEMC® high current Micro-Ohmmeter Model 6292 measures very low contact resistances on high voltage circuit breakers, switches, busbars, and other locations with user-selectable test currents from 5 to 200A. The Model 6292 is powered from 120V or 230V, 50/60Hz. This portable instrument incorporates optimized filters and protection for measurements in electrical substations. It employs the four-terminal Kelvin method to prevent errors caused by test leads and their contact resistances.
To guarantee measurement accuracy, the Model 6292 features a state-of-the-art signal amplification system, offset-free with high long-term stability. A backlit alphanumeric LCD display shows resistance readings with up to 4.5 digit resolution. The instrument allows measurement resistances up to 1Ω with resolution as low as 0.1µΩ. Test currents can be user-adjusted and shown on the display. The instrument includes an internal memory for storing up to 8000 readings, and a USB interface for connecting to a computer to download the stored values.
The Model 6292 incorporates an advanced high-current generation system using smaller components that significantly decreases its size and weight (24 lbs/11 kg), resulting in a rugged but lightweight instrument that can be easily carried by one person. The hard plastic case is highly resistant to impact and environmental conditions. Internal thermal sensors in all sensitive components protect the instrument from overheating.
The Model 6292 is water-resistant and can be used in poor weather conditions (IP54 with closed lid), providing excellent service both in the laboratory and in the field.
- Cooling system improves the number of sequential tests (and the duration of the tests) that can be performed
- Unlimited test duration at 100A and below, with up to 120 second test duration at 200A
- Programmable and manual test current selection from 5 to 200A
- Performs tests normally or with both sides of the switchgear connected to the ground
- Direct viewing of stored tests on the instrument’s large LCD digital display
- Accurately measures low contact resistances from 0.1µΩ to 1Ω
- Resolution of 0.1µΩ
- Measures objects with both sides grounded (BSG) with optional current probe
- Stores up to 8000 test results
- USB communication interface
- Direct printout using DataView® software and a PC
- Rugged, lightweight, and water-resistant
- Test switchgear contact resistance
- Test circuit breaker contact resistance
- Test airframe bonding
- Test rail bonding
- Test pipeline bonding
Model 6292 (Cat. #2129.83)